Located in the heart of Cobb County, Marietta is known for its exceptionally high quality of life. The city is recognized as one of the best-managed cities in Georgia, and is the community of choice of thousands of families looking to live in the Atlanta metro area.
What makes this city such a great place to live? I can think of so many reasons! Drop by Marietta’s historic downtown area, where you can find a great selection of shops and restaurants. There’s always something exciting to look forward to as well – just check out some of the many fun events happening year-round, which include farmers markets, food bazaars, art walks, and hobby shows.
Looking for outdoor activities? Marietta has plenty of that, too! Head to Glover Park, which hosts many events and outdoor concerts, the Marietta Ice Center if you enjoy ice skating, and the Sewell Park Pool, if you’re looking to take a refreshing dip in the summer.
Marietta has the perfect balance between work and play. In addition to all its fun activities and destinations, the city also boasts an award-winning charter school system, several top-rated college campuses, and a robust job market.
Real estate and homes for sale in Marietta
Marietta’s real estate market offers a wealth of superb choices. Whether you’re a first-time buyer searching for an affordable property or a luxury buyer in the market for a sprawling estate, you’ll find a home that is sure to meet all of your requirements and preferences. And if you’re thinking about building your very own custom home, Marietta also has plenty of vacant lots and land on offer.
Most of the homes you’ll find in the area are well built and are available in a wide range of architectural styles such as Mediterranean, neo-traditional, European, and more. Many homes offer a seamless balance of privacy, luxury, and comfort, with features such as:
- Landscaped lots
- Spacious, light-filled living spaces
- Modern gourmet kitchens
- Elegant bathrooms with custom fixtures
- Oversized master bedrooms
- Outdoor areas with BBQ grill, bar, and fireplace
Living in Marietta
No matter which part of town you live in, you’re always minutes away from some of Marietta’s top-notch attractions. Whether you love dining out, visiting museums or historical sites, spending time outdoors, or indulging in some retail therapy, Marietta’s extensive array of destinations are sure to please.
Some of the many great places you can visit are:
- Marietta Square – Packed with a vibrant selection of shopping, dining and entertainment options for all ages, this spot features more than 30 restaurants as well as scenic Glover Park, the Marietta Museum of History, and a variety of boutiques, gift shops, and antique shops.
- East Cobb Park – Constructed in 2002, East Cobb Park is one of the most visited parks in Cobb County. The park is ideal for nature lovers looking for the perfect place to unwind and soak in the scenery, with features that include walking trails, creek overlooks, pavilions, and a children’s playground.
- The Big Chicken – The Big Chicken is one of Marietta’s most famous roadside icons. This one-of-a-kind KFC branch features a 56-foot-tall chicken built in 1963 by Hubert Puckett, an architecture student from Georgia Tech.
Do you want to learn more about Marietta?
The data relating to real estate on this website comes in part from the Broker Reciprocity (IDX) Program of Georgia MLS. IDX information is provided exclusively for consumers' personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing. All Information Is Deemed Reliable But Is Not Guaranteed Accurate.